No products in the cart.
Day 29: Do A Weight-Loss Reality Check | 30-Day Weight Loss-athon
It’s time for Day 29, the second-last day of the 30-Day Weight Loss-athon.
All tasks in the 30-Day Weight Loss-athon are adapted from my 52 Weight Loss Missions program.
Read the steps first, then take 10 minutes to complete them.
Move fast, act quickly and stop over-thinking. Ready?
What You Need:
- Willingness to be honest with yourself.
As our time together is nearly at an end, I want to spend today’s 10 minutes doing a reality check. Let’s make sure you’re continuing to take action in the ways we’ve been talking about for the past month.
With that in mind, review each of the items below:
- Do you have a daily reminder of your true weight-loss motivation?
- Have you asked for the support you need?
- Are you tracking everything you eat and drink?
- Are you eating plenty of vegetables?
- Are you keeping your splurges strategic?
- Are you exercising most days?
- Are you working up a sweat when you exercise?
- Do you focus on your chosen diet actions most days?
- Are you doing daily micro-exercise?
- Are your portion sizes reasonable?
- Have you created your weight-loss menu binder?
- Are you prepared for exercise excuses?
- Do you have the stuff you need for exercise?
- Is your kitchen properly equipped?
- Have you increased your exercise frequency?
- Have you increased your exercise intensity?
- Have you increased your exercise duration?
- Do you say no when necessary?
- Do you eat a good breakfast?
- Do you drink plenty of water?
- Do you keep a journal or log for weight loss notes?
Bonus Step For 52 Weight Loss Missions Members
Add these items to your reality check:
- Have your chosen a non-weight weight-loss goal?
- Do you plan your meals each week?
- Have you made smart diet and exercise swaps?
- Have you kicked the perfectionism habit?
- Do you separate real hunger from fake hunger?
- Have you made the exercise pro-con shift?
- Have you planned your strategic rewards?
- Do you listen to start and stop hunger signals?
- Have you saved time to use for weight loss?
- Do you use a weekly action tracker to keep your key actions top-of-mind?
- Have you come up with strategies for dealing with emotional eating?
- Do you get enough sleep for the weight-loss benefits?
- Do you avoid diet traps?
- Have you made incompatible habits work for your weight loss?
- Is your pantry system set up for weight-loss friendly meals?
- Do you plan ahead when eating out?
- Have you recognized the things that ambush your diet and exercise?
- Are your fat clothes gone?
- Do you do more of what makes you happy so you’re less vulnerable to going off-track?
- Do you have a strategy for parties and buffets?
- Are you able to deal with other people’s comments about your weight loss?
- Have you changed the way you talk to yourself?
For each ‘no’, decide to re-commit to taking the action. These are the actions that will make you slim!
If needed, make a time in your diary to revisit the relevant Days or Missions.
Which areas do you need to re-commit to?
And you’re done!
Be sure to leave your comment below to check in and stay accountable. If you’re reading this by email or in a reader then please click here to leave your comment.
See you tomorrow for our final task!
46 thoughts on “Day 29: Do A Weight-Loss Reality Check | 30-Day Weight Loss-athon”
Good to read all that in one comment. It give me an overview to what I´ve done and what I´ve to tackle the next weeks. I´ve always struggle between household, gardening and even more exercise. Love the micro excercises ;).
I´m glad I signed up and checked in every morning. A good beginning for my journey. Progress not perfection in all of these tasks. Today morning I think i´m not good enough I could do better… blah… it´s the ego, the inner-critic, who wants to push me… I´m doing so much better in all areas and it´s not a quick-fix. For me it´s not a 3kg-look-good-in-bikini-loss-athon and it needs patience and a new mindset and I really want to take the new road!
I´m still working in many aspects but I feel great because I´ve lost 4 kilos this month and I´m not trying to be perfect…I don´t feel anxious or worried about food and I´ve learnt many things from you Michelle. Thanks a lot. 🙂
Still needing to revisit and work on a few of these, but a few have also become second nature.
I plan on writing a list of the ones that are “no’s” and moving them to yes. I am pleased with the number that are new yes’ from this month.
These items have really changed my outlook toward weight loss. I plan to keep doing these and rereading them. Thanks for sharing and making a difference.