No products in the cart.
How are you coming along with your Weight-Loss Action Challenge habits so far?
- Are you staying away from foods on your What NOT To Eat list?
- Have you upgraded your weekly exercise program to burn more calories?
- Have you added some lifestyle exercise to your everyday life?
This week I’ll be focusing on something that made a significant difference when I lost more than 20 pounds – the same 20 pounds I’d been trying to lose for decades.
I got more sleep.
You’ve probably heard of research findings that lack of sleep is related to obesity.
It’s not hard to see why.
When I don’t get enough sleep:
- I feel too tired to make myself do micro-exercise
- I do my planned workouts half-hardheartedly, or make exercise excuses and avoid them altogether
- I crave junk food, give in to mindless eating, and let my good diet habits go out the window.
When I do get enough sleep I’m less vulnerable to cravings, I exercise better, and I move more.
How I’ll Sleep Better
But lately I’ve fallen into poor sleeping habits.
So this week I’ll focus on:
- Drinking less coffee (oh this is hard for me!). I’ll aim for a maximum of three shots per day and switch to decaf (*sulk*) after 2pm.
- Getting to bed earlier. I don’t like going to bed (it’s the child in me). I’ll save my daily cryptic crossword till then, so I’ll have something to entice myself to bed with.
- Starting a meditation class. I’m hoping to learn techniques for calming my monkey mind. More like an entire cage of monkeys sometimes.
How Will You Sleep Better?
What will you do to sleep more and/or sleep better this week?
- Come up with a relaxing evening ritual
- Change your bedtime routine
- Make your bedroom more sleep-friendly
- Find ways to reduce stress
- Learn some time management strategies so you can get to bed earlier or sleep later.
BONUS for 52 Weight Loss Missions Customers
Review Mission 31: Sleep More, Weigh Less for strategies to help you:
- Make more time for sleep
- Improve the quality of your sleep.
So… what will you choose for this week?
See you next week!