Mission 43: Address Emotional Eating – Part 1
When it comes to actions that lead to losing weight, addressing emotional eating is a big one.
Maybe the biggest.
Which is why we’ll tackle it in two parts.
Like pretty much every woman and many men I know, I self-medicate with food – usually chips and chocolate. They are my comfort when things are bad, my friends when things are good.
And, also like pretty much every woman and many men, I haven’t fully freed myself from the grip of emotional eating, especially when the emotions are strong.
I have, however, found ways to manage emotional eating – to reduce my reliance on it, and to deal with it when I go berserk. Because every now and then, I still do.
In this mission and the next one, I’ll share these strategies with you.
Important Note: This might be bigger than both of us.
If your issues with emotional eating are especially difficult, or if they are interfering with your ability to function effectively, then please consult a medical professional or psychologist.
Log in to read the rest of this mission and to access the resources in your 52 Weight Loss Missions Action Pack. Not yet a customer? Don’t miss out! Download your free sample. Or join now to get immediate access.
Please Log In
Customer ResourcesMy 52 Weight Loss Missions
How To Use
- Unlock Your True Motivation
- Take A Reality Check
- Flick On The Action Switch
- Choose Smart Diet Actions
- Detox Your Space
- Choose You-friendly Exercise
- Enlist Your Support Team
- Overcome Exercise Barriers
- Fit Exercise Into Your Life
- Keep A Log, Blog Or Journal
- Use A Weekly Action Tracker
- Get (slightly) Acquainted With Calories
- Splurge Strategically
- Stop Overeating
- Kick The Perfectionism Habit
- Win The Exercise Pro-con Battle
- Overcome Exercise Excuses
- Reward Yourself Strategically
- Create A Smart Recipe System
- Create A Smart Pantry System
- Create A Weekly Menu Template
- Equip Your Kitchen
- Keep A Food Diary
- Discover Micro-exercise
- Get Smarter About Weight Loss
- Burn More Exercise Calories
- Eat More Vegetables And Legumes
- Take Stock And Review
- Enjoy Eating Out
- Break Down Breakfast Barriers
- Sleep More, Weigh Less
- Drink More Water, Weigh Less
- Avoid Diet Traps
- Take Back Your Power
- Run A Reality Audit
- Make Incompatible Habits Work For You
- Clean Up Your Language
- Stop Getting Ambushed
- Deal With The Voices Outside Your Head
- Learn To Say No - To People
- Find Time For Weight Loss
- Make Smart Swaps
- Address Emotional Eating - Part 1
- Address Emotional Eating - Part 2
- Get The Right Stuff For More Motivation
- Do More Of What Makes You Happy
- Make Peace With Parties And Buffets
- Separate Real Hunger From Fake Hunger
- Recognize Start And Stop Hunger Signals
- Have A Mini Makeover
- Flick The Fat Clothes
- Raise Your Standards
Download the Sample
- 52WLM-Sample.pdf (9,665)