Mission 15: Kick The Perfectionism Habit
If you want a program that requires you to be perfect all the time, then I’m sorry to tell you – this ain’t it.
In fact, this mission is all about tattooing into your brain the idea of progress, not perfection.
And because we’re giving perfectionism the old heave ho, we’ll also develop a strategy for dealing with inevitable lapses when they happen. And they will happen. (Hence the word inevitable.)
It’s what you do most of the time that shapes your results. That’s why persistence and determination are w-a-a-ay more important than perfection, which is impossible anyway. But you knew that.
Many, perhaps most, weight-loss attempts get derailed because people expect too much of themselves, fail at this absurd level of perfection, then think they don’t have what to takes to lose weight. So they abandon the goal.
You do have what it takes: the great news is it takes less, not more than you’ve tried before.
If perfectionism has been your downfall in the past, welcome to a better way. You can be imperfect – yay!
You just need two things:
1. You need to know where to put your focus
2. You need a crucial skill that will help you weather every lapse with equanimity and determination.
Let’s turn to both of these now.
We are what we repeatedly do.
Log in to read the rest of this mission and to access the resources in your 52 Weight Loss Missions Action Pack. Not yet a customer? Don’t miss out! Download your free sample. Or join now to get immediate access.
Please Log In
Customer ResourcesMy 52 Weight Loss Missions
How To Use
- Unlock Your True Motivation
- Take A Reality Check
- Flick On The Action Switch
- Choose Smart Diet Actions
- Detox Your Space
- Choose You-friendly Exercise
- Enlist Your Support Team
- Overcome Exercise Barriers
- Fit Exercise Into Your Life
- Keep A Log, Blog Or Journal
- Use A Weekly Action Tracker
- Get (slightly) Acquainted With Calories
- Splurge Strategically
- Stop Overeating
- Kick The Perfectionism Habit
- Win The Exercise Pro-con Battle
- Overcome Exercise Excuses
- Reward Yourself Strategically
- Create A Smart Recipe System
- Create A Smart Pantry System
- Create A Weekly Menu Template
- Equip Your Kitchen
- Keep A Food Diary
- Discover Micro-exercise
- Get Smarter About Weight Loss
- Burn More Exercise Calories
- Eat More Vegetables And Legumes
- Take Stock And Review
- Enjoy Eating Out
- Break Down Breakfast Barriers
- Sleep More, Weigh Less
- Drink More Water, Weigh Less
- Avoid Diet Traps
- Take Back Your Power
- Run A Reality Audit
- Make Incompatible Habits Work For You
- Clean Up Your Language
- Stop Getting Ambushed
- Deal With The Voices Outside Your Head
- Learn To Say No - To People
- Find Time For Weight Loss
- Make Smart Swaps
- Address Emotional Eating - Part 1
- Address Emotional Eating - Part 2
- Get The Right Stuff For More Motivation
- Do More Of What Makes You Happy
- Make Peace With Parties And Buffets
- Separate Real Hunger From Fake Hunger
- Recognize Start And Stop Hunger Signals
- Have A Mini Makeover
- Flick The Fat Clothes
- Raise Your Standards
Download the Sample
- 52WLM-Sample.pdf (9,671)