Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone 0 Comments
This week I’m continuing the Health and Weight-Loss Action Challenge with something extra-challenging.
This week I’m stepping outside my comfort zone. So far out, I think I’ll need shots.
Take a breath, and come with me…
How I’ll Step Outside My Comfort Zone
Starting today I’m doing something I’ve never done before. I’m a junk-food-aholic, but I’m going to eat healthy. Health-y. For a whole week. Yikes!
To ensure no-one is killed or disfigured as a result of this challenge, I’m doing my own, give-a-girl-a-chance version of healthy eating.
Better to set yourself up for success and build on your strengths than to demoralize yourself and give up. After all, if perfectionism worked then any diet would get us all to our ideal weight, right? Puh.
For the purpose of this week’s challenge then, here’s what healthy eating means to me:
- No chips
- No Tiny Teddies or Tim Tams
- No chocolate (agghhhhhhhhh!!)
- No burgers
- No pizza
- No fries
- Lots of vegetables
- Lean protein
- Low-GI carbs
- Nuts and fruit for snacks
- Lots of water.
- Eat out
- Get take-away
- Have three coffees a day
- Have butter on my toast
- Drink alcohol at the weekend*.
* ‘Weekend’ may be open to interpretation.
That’s my version of eating healthy – and for me it will be a huge challenge!
How Will You Step Outside Your Comfort Zone?
What will you do to step out of your comfort zone?
Think of something you’ve wanted to try, but felt nervous about. Nervous-excited is even better.
It could be:
- Trying a dance or exercise class you like the look of, but are scared to try
- Experimenting with more adventurous meals to add to your healthy recipe binder
- Working out at a different time or place
- Wearing more fitted clothes, now that you’ve lost weight (52 Weight Loss Missions Customers: review Mission 51: Flick The Fat Clothes)
- Trying new diet-friendly foods, restaurants, or take-away choices
- Really letting yourself sweat when you exercise
- Talking to yourself more encouragingly (52 Weight Loss Missions Customers: review Mission 37: Clean Up Your Language).
Anything health-or-weight-loss-related that feels interesting but challenging can be your action for this week.
So… What’s Your Action This Week?
Good luck everybody!
Leave a Comment
Michele Connolly is into writing, books, simplicity, love, TV, productivity, and staying thin in a world of chocolate.
Get Blog Posts by Email
Download the 52WLM SampleDownload the 52 Weight Loss Missions sample with 2 full missions. Click here.