No products in the cart.
Welcome to Day 2 of the 30-Day Weight Loss-athon! Today we get physical.
In future tasks we’ll tackle a heap of barriers to exercise – some organizational, some psychological, some completely bogus – but today we’ll just pick ourselves up and get going.
I suggest you read through the steps first, then take 10 minutes to move it, move it.
We only have 10 minutes, so you need to move fast, act quickly and stop over-thinking. Just throw yourself in. Ready?
What You Need:
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- An umbrella if it’s raining
- Warm clothes if it’s cold
- An iPod with some motivating tunes cued up (optional).
We’re going to go for a walk today.
You don’t have to walk fast. You don’t have to walk for long. You don’t have to find a scenic path. You just have to keep your legs moving and your arms swinging for 10 minutes. Around the block or up and down your street is fine (don’t forget to wave to Mr Grumplestein there on his porch).
If you’d prefer an alternative, choose one of these:
- Use a piece of exercise equipment you have at home, such as an exercise bike, skipping rope or mini trampoline, for 10 minutes
- Do a little circuit: 1 minute of running on the spot, 1 minute of walking on the spot, 1 minute of jumping jacks, repeat 3 times and finish with 20 sit-ups
- Put on a high-energy playlist and dance your heart out for 10 minutes.
If you feel resistance welling up, go read one of your post-its from Day 1.
Accept that you will probably sweat.
I know some people hate the idea of sweating, so let’s reframe it from icky to positive.
Instead of thinking of sweat as something gross, uncomfortable or unpleasant, think of it as melting fat. When you feel yourself starting to perspire, visualize that pesky poundage liquefying and oozing out of you. How awesome! Just what you want.
Tell your family you’ll be back in 10, grab your keys or close the door to the room you’ll be in, and off you go.
And you’re done! How does that feel?
See you tomorrow…