No products in the cart.
If you’re stuck at a weight-loss plateau, this week’s challenge could really help.
Which is what I’ll be doing this week – focusing on burning more calories when I exercise.
How I’ll Burn More Calories When I Exercise
I’m going to do this by using my core more intensively this week.
Working these abdominal, lower-back and pelvic muscles offers many fitness benefits – but I often forget to use them, instead relying on other, less-lazy muscles to do the tough work. This usually means my neck and shoulders end up tense and sore.
But this week I’m going to consciously work my core.
This is really challenging for me, and will make me work much harder!
How Will You Burn More Calories When You Exercise?
Now it’s your turn.
Decide how you’ll get more calories out of your workouts this week.
1. Make your workout sessions longer
Adding even 5 or 10 minutes each time will use more calories and help increase your fitness.
2. Add one or two extra workout sessions during the week
This is a great choice if your schedule or preferences make shorter workouts a good choice for you.
3. Work harder during your exercise
- Increase your speed as you swim, walk, run, cycle, etc
- Increase the resistance (difficulty level) on your stationary bike, elliptical machine, Stairmaster, etc
- Increase the incline on your treadmill
- Walk, cycle or run uphill
- Increase the weights you use in your strength training session
- Increase the effort you make in your group fitness class
- If you use a personal trainer, ask about interval training.
Or maybe you have some suggestions of your own to add?
Important Note: Get medical clearance if you need it.
I don’t know your physical/medical/health situation. Please look after yourself and be careful.
So… what will you choose for this week?
See you next week!