No products in the cart.
It’s time for Day 27 of the 30-Day Weight Loss-athon.
Read the steps first, then take 10 minutes to think about and complete them. Ready?
Important Note: Get medical clearance if you need it
It’s a good idea to get the all-clear to exercise from your medical professional if:
- You’re new to exercise
- You haven’t exercised in a long time
- You’re significantly overweight
- You have a medical condition or concern
- You’re nervous about exercising.
What You Need:
- Willingness to work harder when you work out.
On Day 5: Choose Your 30 x 3 Exercise I asked you to commit to 30-minute sessions.
Now you’re fitter and more confident – so let’s do more.
Your first step today is to choose one of the following ways to burn more calories with your workouts.
1. Increase Session Duration
- Gradually increase the duration of your sessions. Each time, extend your session by 5 minutes.
- Eventually, aim to make most of your exercise sessions 45 – 60 minutes if you can.
2. Increase Session Frequency
- Add another session to your weekly exercise routine.
- Build up to 5 or 6 sessions a week.
There are 168 hours in a week. Spending 4-6 of them on the only body you get (that we know of) is a small price to pay for looking and feeling your best.
3. Increase Session Intensity
There are many ways you can do this:
- Increase your speed as you swim, walk, run, cycle, etc
- Increase the resistance (difficulty level) on your stationary bike, elliptical machine, Stairmaster, etc
- Increase the incline on your treadmill
- Walk, cycle or run uphill
- Increase the weights you use in your strength training session
- Increase your effort you make in your group fitness class
- If you use a personal trainer, ask about interval training.
Bonus Step For 52 Weight Loss Missions Members
- Review Mission 26: Burn More Exercise Calories for additional cross-training and strength training options.
- Review Mission 41: Find Time For Weight Loss to make time for additional exercise in your life.
- Review Mission 25: Get Smarter About Weight Loss and choose ways to upgrade your exercise knowledge so you get even more out of each workout.
- Review Mission 34: Take Back Your Power and check that you don’t have a victim mindset about exercise.
Now for the all-important part – update your diary with your new weekly exercise routine.
So… how will you be boosting your exercise calorie burn?
And you’re done!
See you tomorrow!