No products in the cart.
Time for Day 6 of the 30-Day Weight Loss-athon.
Read the steps first, then take 10 minutes to complete them.
Move fast, act quickly and stop over-thinking. Ready?
What You Need:
First, let’s get the facts. We’ve all heard that drinking water helps weight loss, but is it really true?
The answer, according to scientific research, is yep!
It seems that good old H2O can help with weight loss by:
- Helping you to eat less and/or
- Affecting your metabolism.
And you don’t have to go crazy: a couple of glasses before meals is a good start.
But remember, it’s not what you know, it’s what you do. Just deciding to drink more water is easy – turning it into a habit is the tricky part.
So let’s look for ways to make water drinking easy and habitual.
For instance, you could adopt any or several of these habits:
- Drink 2 glasses of water on waking – keep a glass and bottle by your bed as a reminder
- Fill a 2-litre bottle of water at the start of the day and aim to empty it by the end
- When offered a drink, ask for water
- Keep a bottle and glass of water on your desk as you work, so it’s easy to sip any time
- Keep a bottle and glass of water on the coffee table when you’re reading or watching TV, so it’s easy to sip any time
- Buy yourself an attractive water bottle or glass so you enjoy drinking more
- Associate meals with water – have a drink before you sit down to eat.
Of course, in this program we never make a decision without taking some sort of action to help change the behavior.
So choose something you can do now to help set your new water-drinking behavior.
- Put a glass and bottle of water by your bed, desk or coffee table
- Fill a 2-litre bottle of water for today’s drinking
- Go buy yourself an cute water bottle and/or glass
- Put a glass on top of your plates as a reminder to drink before or with meals.
And you’re done!
See you tomorrow!