No products in the cart.
Day 19: Eat Breakfast, Lose Weight | 30-Day Weight Loss-athon
Welcome to Day 19 of the 30-Day Weight Loss-athon.
All tasks in the 30-Day Weight Loss-athon are adapted from my 52 Weight Loss Missions program.
Read the steps first, then take 10 minutes to think about them and take action. Ready?
What You Need:
- A willingness to change old habits.
First, let’s work out if eating breakfast is the weight-loss asset it’s cracked up to be.
Well, the research shows there are two important things about breakfast:
- Breakfast eaters are less likely to be overweight, and
- Eating breakfast is also associated with keeping weight off over the long term.
Huh. Being slim and staying slim – those are two pretty big deals in the weight-loss challenge.
So it’s worth rising to the breakfast challenge.
Next, let’s work out how to become a breakfast eater if that’s not your thing.
Here are three strategies.
You can start by reminding yourself of some of the benefits of eating a good breakfast:
- It starts your day well – beginning with good choices can help you stay motivated to make good choices throughout the day
- It kick-starts your metabolism
- It helps moderate eating throughout the day – a good breakfast helps stave off hunger and avoid ravenous eating patterns later in the day
- It gives you energy – so you can exercise and move more.
If you struggle to fit in breakfast in during your busy mornings, then try this:
- Prepare the night before: set the table, get out your (non-refrigerated) breakfast supplies, and put something cheery on the table – perhaps some flowers or a potted plant
- Do whatever you can to change the path of least resistance so that eating a good breakfast becomes easy.
If you don’t feel hungry in the morning, then try this:
- Experiment with eating a little less the evening before.
- Experiment with different breakfast options (see below) till you find something you enjoy and look forward to eating.
- Don’t eat breakfast first thing – take a shower or do some exercise first to give your appetite time to wake up.
Lastly, let’s think about what exactly makes a good breakfast. It could include a mix of:
- Low GI carbs – eg wholegrain cereal or rye toast
- Low-fat protein or dairy – eg poached eggs or low-fat yoghurt
- Fruit or vegetables – eg berries or grilled mushrooms or tomatoes.
I would add a giant coffee. 🙂
So for instance, you could have:
- Wholegrain cereal with low-fat yoghurt and berries, or
- Rye toast with poached eggs and grilled mushrooms.
Breakfast options to avoid include:
- High-GI carbs – eg sugary cereals and white toast
- Fatty protein – eg sausages, bacon, full-fat milk.
Choose a breakfast that fits your taste and available time. And enjoy the great, weight-loss friendly start to your day.
What changes will you make to your breakfast routine?
And you’re done!
Be sure to leave your comment below to check in and stay accountable. If you’re reading this by email or in a reader then please click here to leave your comment.
See you tomorrow!
83 thoughts on “Day 19: Eat Breakfast, Lose Weight | 30-Day Weight Loss-athon”
Guys have anyone tried SurelySlim (www.bio-paranta.com) It is made in Canada. They say it is cutting edge technology of three fat burners in one veg capsule?
I love breakfast! But you have given a great tip to make it even easier to me: “Prepare the night before: set the table, get out your (non-refrigerated) breakfast supplies, and put something cheery on the table – perhaps some flowers or a potted plant”. I’ll enjoy breakfast even more, thanks!
Having breakfast is my favorite. So no problems here. I like bread with low fat cream cheese and tomatoes or cucumbers.